HANSTONE QUARTZ COUNTERTOP MAINTENANCE
CARE & MAINTENANCE
Thank you for purchasing HanStone Quartz.
HanStone is proud to provide our clients with a Lifetime Residential Warranty and a 10 Year Commercial Warranty.
HanStone is a hard, non porous, natural quartz surface that makes cleaning quick and easy. With proper Care & Maintenance, and some industry Tips & Tricks, hard-to-clean stains, spills and messes can now be a thing of the past.
- Option 1 - Soap & Water
- Option 2 - Rubbing Alcohol & Water solution
Tip: Always use a non-abrasive cloth when cleaning to avoid dulling your surface.
Natural Oils and Synthetic Oils (Olive Oil, Canola Oil, etc.)
Oils on any counter can leave the finish looking messy, smudged and reflect light unpleasantly.
- Option 1 - Soap & Water
- Option 2 - Use a Mild, Alcohol based degreaser such as Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner or Rubbing Alcohol.
Cosmetics (Hair Shampoo, Creams, Makeup)
Staining resulting from Cosmetic Products can make anyone panic. Not to worry, we can help!
- Option 1 -Soap & Water
- Option 2 – Apply Hydrogen Peroxide max 30% Concentration then rinse and wipe with water.*
- Option 3 -Rubbing alcohol
*Tip: Please remove any residue from the Hydrogen Peroxide solution after cleaning to avoid any changes to HanStone’s brilliant surface.
Metals (Kitchen Tools, Metal Pots and Knife Marks)
Noticing Metal Marks on a quartz surface can often be confused for scratches. Such metal marks can be easily removed using simple methods.
- A White Latex Eraser. Delicately rub the eraser on the affected area, once the stain is gone, clean the surface with one of the daily cleaning solutions as recommended above.*
*Tip: When cleaning any surface, the Rule of thumb is to never apply pressure that is heavier than the natural weight of your hand. Otherwise, you can cause dull spots.
Metal Rust Stains
- Step 1 -Soak a cloth with Oxalic Acid or Bar Keepers Friend and apply on top of the stain for 10 minutes.
- Step 2 – If the stain persists, reapply but do not leave on longer than 30 minutes.
- Step 3 -Once stain is removed, clean surface with water alone or a soap & water solution.
Food Coloring – Herbs & Spices – Red Wine – Mustard – Coffee & Tea -Fruits
- Option 1 -Soap & Water or Rubbing Alcohol & Water Solution
- Option 2 -Soak a cloth with 50% bleach concentration. Leave on top of stain for 10 minutes. If stain persists, reapply but do not leave on for longer than 30 minutes.
- Option 3 -Apply Hydrogen Peroxide max 30% concentration. Then rinse and wipe the surface with water.
Ink -Water Based Markers - Print Transfer Marks
- Option 1 - Gently apply rubbing alcohol to the stain. Stain should lift.
- Option 2 - For stubborn stains, soak a cloth with 50% bleach concentration. Leave on top of stain for 10 minutes. If the stain persists, reapply but do not leave on for longer than 30 minutes.
Other Stubborn Stains
Hard Water Deposits
- Option 1 - Cleaning vinegar
- Option 2 – Non-abrasive scale remover solution
- Mild, Alcohol Based degreaser such as Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner.
- Option 1 - Rubbing Alcohol
- Option 2 - DAP silicone remover