HANSTONE QUARTZ COUNTERTOP MAINTENANCE
CARE & MAINTENANCE
Thank you for purchasing HanStone Quartz.
HanStone is proud to provide our clients with a Lifetime Residential Warranty and a 10 Year Commercial Warranty.
HanStone is a hard, nonporous, natural quartz surface that makes cleaning quick and easy. With proper Care & Maintenance, and some industry Tips & Tricks, hard-to-clean stains, spills and messes can now be a thing of the past.
UPDATE: COVID-19 Sanitizing
For cleaning and disinfecting, it is safe to use the following procedure on your Quartz countertops:
A solution of 70% denatured alcohol* and 30% water. Mix well. Then using a clean microfiber or cotton cloth, wipe down the entire countertop surface and edges. Rinse the areas just cleaned using a damp cloth.
Repeat this procedure several times per day – or as often as necessary to control the spread of germs.
*Note: Denatured alcohol is a solvent and has additives (including a pungent odor) that are meant to prevent consumption. While marginally less effective, isopropyl or rubbing alcohol can be substituted and used at full strength. Please note that for any of these alcohol-based products, follow the manufacturers instructions with regard to use and safety precautions, including the following.
- Do not mix with other chemicals. Use only water for the purpose of diluting.
- Alcohol is flammable. Do not use around open flames or other ignition source.
- Use with proper ventilation as fumes can be harmful or irritating.
- May cause skin irritation – especially in open wounds.
- Never ingest or consume any of the products listed. Keep away from children.
Routine Care & Maintenance
Simply clean with soap and water on a regular basis to keep the lustrous gloss and radiant sheen. Use warm water and a damp cloth with a small amount of non-abrasive cleaner that does not contain bleach.
HanStone’s new Leather finish will show more signs of daily use. As a result, the Leather finish will require more frequent cleaning and daily maintenance than other HanStone polished finishes.
Although HanStone Quartz is resistant to stain, spills should be cleaned as soon as possible. Liquid spills and stains from fruits, vegetables, or other foods should be wiped up and cleaned with soap and water.
- Option 1 - Soap & Water
- Option 2 - Rubbing Alcohol & Water solution
Tip: Always use a non-abrasive cloth when cleaning to avoid dulling your surface.
Natural Oils and Synthetic Oils (Olive Oil, Canola Oil, etc.)
Oils on any counter can leave the finish looking messy, smudged and reflect light unpleasantly.
- Option 1 - Soap & Water
- Option 2 - Use a Mild, Alcohol based degreaser such as Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner or Rubbing Alcohol.
Cosmetics (Hair Shampoo, Creams, Makeup)
Staining resulting from Cosmetic Products can make anyone panic. Not to worry, we can help!
- Option 1 -Soap & Water
- Option 2 – Apply Hydrogen Peroxide max 30% Concentration then rinse and wipe with water.*
- Option 3 -Rubbing alcohol
*Tip: Please remove any residue from the Hydrogen Peroxide solution after cleaning to avoid any changes to HanStone’s brilliant surface.
Metals (Kitchen Tools, Metal Pots and Knife Marks)
Noticing Metal Marks on a quartz surface can often be confused for scratches. Such metal marks can be easily removed using simple methods.
- Simple Green Pro HD
*Tip: When cleaning any surface, the Rule of thumb is to never apply pressure that is heavier than the natural weight of your hand. Otherwise, you can cause dull spots.
Metal Rust Stains
- Step 1 -Soak a cloth with Oxalic Acid and apply on top of the stain for 10 minutes.
- Step 2 – If the stain persists, reapply but do not leave on longer than 30 minutes.
- Step 3 -Once stain is removed, clean surface with water alone or a soap & water solution.
Food Coloring – Herbs & Spices – Red Wine – Mustard – Coffee & Tea -Fruits
- Option 1 -Soap & Water or Rubbing Alcohol & Water Solution
- Option 2 -Soak a cloth with 50% bleach concentration. Leave on top of stain for 10 minutes. If stain persists, reapply but do not leave on for longer than 30 minutes.
- Option 3 -Apply Hydrogen Peroxide max 30% concentration. Then rinse and wipe the surface with water.
Ink-Water Based Markers - Print Transfer Marks
- Option 1 - Gently apply rubbing alcohol to the stain. Stain should lift.
- Option 2 - For stubborn stains, soak a cloth with 50% bleach concentration. Leave on top of stain for 10 minutes. If the stain persists, reapply but do not leave on for longer than 30 minutes.
OTHER STUBBORN STAINS
Hard Water Deposits
- Option 1 - Cleaning vinegar
- Option 2 – Non-abrasive scale remover solution
- Mild, Alcohol Based degreaser such as Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner.
- Option 1 - Rubbing Alcohol
- Option 2 - DAP silicone remover